Andor/Nikon Spinning Disk Confocal Laser Microscope
What is it used for?
Live cell imaging with reasonable contrasts and minimal photobleaching.
- Lasers – 405, 488, 561 and 640 nm
- Filters for fluorescent proteins – CFP/EGFP/YFP/mCherry and DAPI
- Objectives – 100x 1.45NA, 60x 1.4NA, 40x 1.0NA. Auxiliary magnification at 1.5x
- 2 x EMCCD 1k x 1k pixel camera, providing 65nm per pixel sampling with the 100x objective
- Perfect focus system
- Motorised stage
- FRAP/PA unit
- Environmental chamber
Examples of how the WISB community are using the Spinning disk microscope?
- Examining the ageing process in yeast (PI McCarthy)
- Confocal and live microscopy experiments using human mammalian cells and observing differences in them upon infection and phage addition (PI Sagona)