Becton Dickinson Fortessa Flow Cytometer
What is it used for?
A laser based cell analysis technique used for cell counting, biomarker detection and protein engineering.
Laser setup –
- 355nm UV (20 mW) / 2 fluorescence detectors
- 405nm Violet (50 mW) / 6 fluorescence detectors
- 488nm Blue (50 mW) / 2 fluorescence detectors
- 561nm Yellow Green (50mW) / 5 fluorescence detectors
- 640nm Red (40 mW) / 3 fluorescence detectors
Optional high throughput sampler for cell analysis from a 96 well plate
Examples of how the WISB community are using the Fortessa
- Understand the relationship between translation machinery/pathway and ageing process in budding yeast (PI McCarthy)
- Analysis of self-sustained synthetic microbial communities (i.e. phototrophic-heterotrophic interactions) (PI Christie-Oleza)